We are proud to announce that CannSeal has been selected as 1 of 3 finalists in the ICOTA Innovation Award competition.
Intervention & Coiled Tubing Association, ICoTA is a worldwide, not-for-profit, member-funded organization active in the oil and gas industry.
The Award recognizes technical innovation in well intervention and coiled tube technology.
Please also see http://www.icota-europe.com/news/2016/finalists-announced-for-innovation-award
From the announcement, we quote the following:
Elliot Kinch, Chair of ICoTA European Chapter said, “We have been hugely encouraged by the calibre of entries received this year. Our finalists have demonstrated technological innovation, cost savings, collaboration and risk mitigation. It’s important we encourage all of this in the current climate so that we can continue to extend the life of the North Sea and secure the future success of our industry.”
Our independent expert judges had the difficult task of shortlisting the finalists to three and we can announce that the finalists are:
Centrica / Island Offshore
Shell / Helix / Altus Intervention
CannSeal’s Bengt Gunnarsson commented,“For CannSeal, it’s a great honor to be nominated as one of three finalists for the ICoTA Innovation Award. It has been a long road to test and qualify the CannSeal technology. With considerable contribution from several Oil Companies, in particular Maersk Oil, the field trial was a great success achieving the goals set by the Operator. We are delighted that ICoTA recognize our technology and success story in this very tough competition.”
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries are
– Technology – either new technology or existing technology used in an innovative way
– Application – where is the innovation being applied and what does it do?
– Value to the industry – why did you use this technology? For example, to reduce risk, increase recovery, improve safety or minimise environmental impact
The winner of the innovation award will be presented at the SPE ICoTA Well Intervention Conference on 9th November at the AECC.
ICoTA is made up from Oil Companies and Service Companies and its strengths are:
• Global networking opportunities across all well intervention disciplines
• Diverse range of professional and technical experience and know-how
• Closely linked to the SPE for conferencing and presentation opportunities
• Recognizing technical innovation within the industry and academia
The ICoTA mission statement is simple:
‘To improve communication and promote the value of well intervention solutions within the oil and gas industry’